Thanks for your interest in purchasing a firearm from Wraith Precision. Here is a step-by-step overview of the purchasing process:
1) Choose the firearm you wish to purchase
2) Pay for the firearm and background check
- Background check fee for long guns: $0
- Background check fee for handguns: $15, non-refundable
3) Complete the paperwork for your background check. Have your driver's license ready. Please be sure the address on your driver's license is current.
- If you are purchasing a long gun, there is one form, federal form 4473, that will need to be filled out on the iPad
- If you are purchasing a handgun, there are two forms to fill out -- first, one on paper, which is for the state of Wisconsin, section 1 only, and second, federal form 4473 on the iPad
4) When your background check is approved, you can leave with your firearm. We hope you love it!
- You may not receive a response the same day you made your purchase, in which case you will be contacted when the results are in, and you will have to come back to pick it up.
- Most people receive a response within 24 hours, but it sometimes takes longer.
5) If your background check is denied:
- You will be supplied with information on how to appeal the decision, if you choose
- You will receive a refund, less the background check fee (if applicable), and less a 15% restocking fee
6) The order of these steps is non-negotiable, and applies to all customers. All firearms sales are final.
Please consult our FAQ for common questions about background checks and store policies